Do you have roses? We have several rose bushes that we have to cover in the fall before the frost or they will freeze. We then uncover them in the spring. Anyhow here are a few tips on roses.
- Grow in full sun.
- Moderately moist soil.
- Fertilize monthly with a balanced garden fertilizer.
- Can use a rose spray every two weeks in hot weather.
Instructions for cut roses:
- Fill your sink with water.
- Give each rose stem a fresh cut underwater.
- Put each rose immediately into a vase of water.
Did you know?
- Roses form an air pocket when cut out water.
- Air pockets prevent roses from sucking water up their stems.
- A healthy rose head will droop if it has an air pocket in it’s stem.