Do you have roses? We have several rose bushes that we have to cover in the fall before the frost or they will freeze. We then uncover them in the spring. Anyhow here are a few tips on roses.
- Grow in full sun.
- Moderately moist soil.
- Fertilize monthly with a balanced garden fertilizer.
- Can use a rose spray every two weeks in hot weather.
Instructions for cut roses:
- Fill your sink with water.
- Give each rose stem a fresh cut underwater.
- Put each rose immediately into a vase of water.
Did you know?
- Roses form an air pocket when cut out water.
- Air pockets prevent roses from sucking water up their stems.
- A healthy rose head will droop if it has an air pocket in it’s stem.
This is the post excerpt.
Welcome to the Empress of the home!
Here we hope you will enjoy your stay and find many helpful tips and words of encouragement. You may find interesting ideas for marriage, cooking, gardening, organizing, health issues, homeschooling your children, and other solutions you may want to implement in your family.
Wives, Husbands, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, you name it, striving to remain true to the heart and home by inspiration and encouragement in our lives.
The task of being a homemaker is not easy. It is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week job. It is living a life of faith, loving above all things self-denial and self-sacrifice, unselfishness, purity, truth, trust and devoted to the interests of those we love. May this blog bring happiness to more than one hearth, light to more than one mind and nobler aims.
Let the true kingdom-the home be struck with a lively faith, full of sweetness and modesty, and a generous hospitality.
Working to have a positive impression on your house and home! May God bless your endeavors as the sun rises on our new beginning.